Tuesday, April 27, 2010

my loft




These are the pictures of my loft. It is covered from three sides by fibreglass sheets and also on the top. The front portion is covered by GI mesh to allow sunshine in my loft. I leave my breeders while feeding in this area. Also, I use this portion to allow my pigeons to bathe on weekends and to allow them to dry their feathers in the sunshine. There are two doors in my loft. One above(to allow the pigeons to come into the loft after flight) and one in front of the loft so that the pigeons can come from here too after the flight. This is also the entrance of the loft.
The ybs as well as the yearlings are in the inner GI mesh cage, which has males on the left side and females on the right side. I feed them in the feeding trays inside these inner cage built specially for them. This cage will not allow males and females YBs/yearlings to cross with each other and prevents egg laying. I am also planning to build GI wire mesh floors inside this inner cage so that the bird droppings can pass through them and they can be free of worms and diseases.
The breeders are kept in separate breeding pens outside this inner cage, but inside the loft.
Hope you all have liked my loft.





No comments:

Post a Comment